Văn Hóa Sa Hùynh
Reputed for its salt marshes and its beautiful beach , Sa Huỳnh (*) located in Quảng Ngãi province ( Center of Vietnam) is also the region where French archeologist M. Vinet discovered in 1909 not far An Khê swamp (Long Thành) , an strange depot composed of 200 funerary jars originating from a brilliant maritime civilization thanks to a Champa inscription. Having a happy concurrence of circumstances and interested in archeology, the spouse of an controller of the customs local office, Mrs Labarre , had the opportunity to take over the archaeological excavation in 1923. She did not take long to rediscover at the top of coastal dunes an other depot of 120 earthenware jars being still intact and near the village of Phú Khương in the same region. A third site of 187 jars which was later reported by French archeologist Madeleine Colani in 1934 was at Tràng Long on a sand dune locally known under the name of «
Un troisième site de 187 jarres rapporté plus tard par l’archéologue française Madeleine Colani en 1934 se trouvait à Tràng Long sur une dune de sable appelée localement sous le nom du « plateau des colliers » à cause d’une quantité énorme de colliers trouvés sur place.